Adding and creating custom reports to your template folder is quick and simple:
1. Create or customize a report template file.
2. Edit and save the template.
3. Select the desired node(s) and choose Report → Custom Report.
1. Create a report file: The first step is to create the user report file. The easiest way is to use an existing report template file, or modify one that is similar to what you want. To find existing template files, look in the Report Templates folder, which is in the same folder as the Netica executable: Netica.exe (the path to this folder is printed out in the Messages window of Netica Application when it first starts up).
2. Edit the template: You can open and edit an .htm file directly in Netica, by choosing File → Open as Text. However, the default templates are HTML files, so you will probably want to use a text editor that has special facilities for HTML (such as Visual Studio. You construct the template file out of normal HTML code, but you put special tags where you want Netica to insert information.
The tags consist of double opening square brackets [[ followed by one of the tag names, possibly followed by some extra directions in parenthesis, and ending with two closing square brackets ]]. You can refer to nodes according to their number or according to their name. For selection, the node that you select first will be considered Node(0). The second node selected will be SelNode(1).
For number, write: [[Node(0).someInstruction]]
For name, write: [[Node("node name").someInstruction]]
Then save your template file wherever you wish. If you are making htm files, the extension should be '.nsp.htm'. It is probably best not to save your templates in the same folder as the ones that come with Netica Application, just so they don't get mixed up.
3. Generate the user report: Next, select the desired node(s) and choose Report → Custom Report to generate the tailored "report". From the file dialog which appears, pick the template file you have just created. In a moment your browser should display the results of your report. Note: the report will be displayed in whatever format it was created (e.g. htm files will be displayed in an internet browser window, doc files will be displayed in Microsoft Office Word, etc).
Reports on Multiple Nodes: You can run a custom report on a single node, multiple nodes, or the entire net. To run a report on multiple nodes, first select the nodes then choose Custom Report. Open the template file you created for those nodes, which should contain text with the prefix: [[SelNode(0).someInstruction]]. Remember, the node you select first will be considered Node(0).